On 5 January 2010 Authoria and Peopleclick combined to form the largest privately owned company in the Talent Management marketplace. The new company, Peopleclick Authoria, claims to serve almost 60% of the Fortune 100 organisations. The new CEO will be Charles S. Jones, Managing Partner of Bedford Funding, the private equity firm undertaking the deal.
Some of my initial thoughts:
- The merger will form the largest privately owned company in the Talent Management marketplace.
- Both existing solutions will continue to be sold for the foreseeable future, with the addition of a combine suite offering.
- The newly formed company leverages the best attributes of both vendors, Peopleclick’s recruitment offering and Authoria’s deep talent management features.
- Technically both solutions are similar and offered as multi-tenant SaaS solutions, although Authoria’s use of single tenant for select larger clients may cause some integration issues.
- As separate organisations both appeared in the recent Gartner eRecruitment 2009 Magic Quadrant report, with Peopleclick placed in the leaders category.
- The combined organisation has the potential to move further into the leaders quadrant to provide a challenge to Taleo as the market leader.
Update: There is some debate around if Peopleclick have moved fully from their .NET platform to J2EE
More information is available to Inspecht members.