As I mentioned earlier I have been busy, I still am but now looking at my next steps and that will most likely result in some employment arrangement within an organisation. I have just started this journey but I do need to find something for March 2013.
I have spent a little time looking over my LinkedIn contacts and a few quick searches on jobs boards, reached out to a couple of contacts and even contacted a recruiter or two. Already a few of things have jumped out at me:
- Most recruiters have not changed, while I have only had contact with a limited selection but I believe not much has changed. That is sad.
- Seek is still top.
- There a “truck loads” of IT jobs. (Most are not me.)
- There are very little strategic HR Technology roles (I have had job alerts in place for 4 years and no change).
- I have no idea what type of organisation I want to join.
- I have several ideas on what type of role I would like, but given my background they vary from software pre-sales to HCM consulting to IT management.
An idea occurred to me today. I might document my process of finding employment in 2013. It might be interesting. It also could be boring, also it might not be a new idea (it probably isn’t, well I know it isn’t but Ellison has some ideas about what she wanted).
What I do think will be interesting is I have a five thousand followers on Twitter, close to 700 LinkedIn connections, a blog (this one) that at one point had over 25K unique visitors a month, I have spoken many times in the last 5 year, run conferences and traveled the world combining HR and technology.
So it should not be that hard to find something that will excite me. Or will it?