Many of the “regulars” were in attendance good to catch up with them, also met a few new people which is even better.Â I final met in person Ben Barren, after many years of watching from afar.
Things I learnt:-
- Developers a still in short supply
- Young people wear the strangest of things, who else saw all the kids dressed as furries?
- MyLiveSearch is trying to take over the world
- The digital media world in Melbourne is very small, like most industries
- Mr Barren has some interesting projects on the go
- Mr Edublogs’s empire is growing
- There are lots of Sensis people around
- How to have your mysql database automatically start on reboot under RedHat Linux
- There are lots of great things happening downunder
Pictures are starting to appear on Flickr, a few blogs posts are filtering in although not as many as I would have expected given the gathering was meant to be on digital media, maybe they have a sore head today?
Downside, CathyE left before I could met her in person and I did not take my camera.