Just watched an eye opening video called “Did you Know“, thanks to Des Paroz for the link. Not sure who put it together, what it is for or even if all the statistics are right but worth a watch even so. I suspect the information is fairly accurate and most would be accepted as common knowledge.
Implications of the content are fairly huge, so snippits:-
- if you are 1 in a million in China there are 1,300 others just like you
- the 25% of China population with the highest IQ is larger than the total population of North America
- US Dept of Labor estimates that today average learner will have 10 to 14 jobs by the time they are 38
- 1 out of 4 workers today have worked for their current employers for less than 1 year
- More than 1 in 2 have worked there for less than 5 years
- By 2010 the most in demand jobs did not exist in 2004.
- and I love this out is MySpace were a country it would be the worlds 11th largest!
Profound impacts on education, management and recruitment.