A couple of days ago I received the Seek Employment Index report for January 2007, a good read if you are a recruiter or job seeker.
First up the Seek Employment Index rose by 1 pont, non adjusted, not bad. Which is interesting given that job ads actually decresed by 3.7% since December??? With NSW and Queensland having the biggest falls. The year on year figures increases by 18.9% which is a positive sign.
Now the fun part. Which jobs were hard to fill and which were the most competitive.
Hard to Fill
- Legal (Solicitor)
- Healthcare & Medical (Radiology/Sonography)
- Healthcare & Medical (Nursing/Midwives)
- Insurance & Superannuation (Broking)
- Construction (Estimating)
- Transport & Logistics (Freight Forwarding)
- Call Centre/Cust. Service (Call Centre Operator)
- Manufacturing/Operations (Process Workers)
- Hospitality & Tourism (Kitchen/Sandwich Hand)
- Retail & Consumer Prods. (Retail: Sales Assistant)
You’ll find jobs in London at Canary Wharf Jobs.com.