We spoke about implementing guidelines/policies within the workplace along with some of the potential issues and how to manage them. However given the short format of the podcast, it is only 8 minutes, it is hard to cover everything but makes the podcast very easy to listen too.
I thought it would be good to also cover some of the tips for creating guidelines/policies here to help you out. The resulting document, in whatever format, needs to achieve five major things:
- Have people stop and think before posting, both professionally and personally.
- Focus people on thinking about what they are doing and the implications.
- Highlight that while disclaimers are good, you cannot hide behind them.
- Remind people to keep their online interactions real and authentic.
- Ensure people respect the culture of the tools and services you are using.