Every year in Australia there is a fundraising event called the World’s Greatest Shave, which is designed to raise money for the Leukaemia Foundation. Where people shave their head, beard, legs, wax off hair or just colour their hair all in the name of fund raising, read more about it.
This year Richard Giles is participating, I encourage you all to get behind him. If you don’t know Rich here is a quick run down:-
- Number 3 Oz Web Celebrity
- CEO of Scouta
- Won Best Australian Podcast of the Year 2006
- Authored Podcasting Pocket Guide
- Authored How To Use Flickr: The Digital Photography Revolution
- Richard currently co-hosts the video podcast Scouta TV,
- On the committee of Australian Web Industry Association and GO3.
- Early Podcaster with The Gadget Show on TPN, ad hoc host on G’Day World also on TPN
- Last but not least all round nice guy
Oh & if he reaches $1,000 he will wax his chest otherwise he will just shave his head.
If you are in Australia I encourage you to sponsor him, even if it is only $5.
UPDATE: If you are on Facebook join the group.
UPDATE 2: Rumour has it that he has past $1,000 mark but keep sponsoring him. The more the better.