Jason Calacanis a while back decided to loose some weight, coined the term fat blogging, registered the domain and got a few overweight geeks to join in to loose those kilos (pounds if you are still old-school).
Over the last 6-9 months I have gone through my own weight loss program. I needed to reduce my cholesterol and losing weight is a part of that process. I have lost about 10 kg or 22 lb, about the same a Jason is looking for so I thought I might share what I did.
- Take lunch from home
- 2 days a week lunch is a salad sandwich, wholemeal bread no butter, salt or pepper just the taste of the salad
- 2-3 days a week tinned tuna with pita bread/corn thins/vita wheats
- Occasionally splash out and have roast beef sandwich, again wholemeal bread no butter, salt or pepper just the taste of the beef
- Reduced portions at dinner
- Eating fresh fruit and a muesli bar for breakfast
- Mixed (unsalted) nuts for mid morning snack
- Exercise a few times a week, nothing major walk, cycle, weights, windsurf, chores just do something, oh and some crunches.
Result: lost 10 kg, dropped 36″ waist (91 cm) to 32″ (81cm), stopped snoring and feeling better.
Promoting weight loss is a great idea in any organisation as you will have both happier and healthier employees.