I have been watching this meme float around the Internet for a few weeks or is it months, well not to worry, anyways a couple of days ago it hit me when Alison Young tagged me.
So the background/rules:-
- Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
- At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
- Donâ€™t forget to leave them a comment telling them theyâ€™re tagged, and to read your blog.
So here we go 8 random facts about me:-
- I lived in Papa New Guinea when I was 2 while my Dad worked on one his archaeological digs, I even have a vague memory of some events.
- I have traveled to more countries & done more sight seeing by myself then with other people. Unfortunately it is not the best way to sightsee, for example walking the Great Wall of China alone watching mist rising over the mountains while the rain gently falls all around you is an amazing experience, but better if I had been able to share it with someone else.
- I never got a university degree. Generally this is not an issue, other than for recruiters who tend to look at job applicants in a ticker box fashion.
- For about 5 years I suffered on and off from depression, but quite possibly I have suffered for longer.
- I absolutely, hands down, no contest love the snow and skiing. I might never make an Olympic ski team but I tend to be happiest in the mountains surrounded by snow.
- I love to cook. There is not a lot better than cooking up a superb meal, well yes when you do it with friends.
- I do not do details. Of any sort.
- As a kid I was heavily involved in the Scouting movement and am a Queens Scout.
I’m tagging the following lucky souls, if you have done it let me know:-