Over the last 6 months or so I have been wanting, needing and wishing for a new phone, I had some basic specifications that I wanted which were not to outlandish. Back in JulyI was lucky enough to test out a loaner phone from HP, the iPAQ 6965 and refined my requirements.
About a week ago I got a new Palm Treo 750, which meets most of my requirements:-
- Windows Mobile 5.0 for push email and seamless Outlook integration
- 240 x 240 screen resolution
- QWERTY Keyboard
- Bluetooth 1.2
- Ok talk and stand by time, if you turn off Bluetooth
- Vibration alert
- Alarm clock, calculator, typical document viewers (DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF)
- Size 112.9mm x 59.3mm x 21.3mm, almost right on my specifications
The biggest let down is no Skype, Yahoo IM or Wifi. But with an xSeries data plan from Three I have a fair bit of data usage available to me.
I am enjoying the fast internet speeds, push email and full Outlook integration. Being able to stay on top of my email is great and so far it is not taking over my life. If I modify some of the way I have implemented GTD I feel I could really take advantage of the device to make me more productive.