Where should I begin with this?
- You “sourced” my resume? Is that lame recruiter speak for “I was punching buzzwords into Google when I ran across your resume…”?
- You were impressed enough with my resume (found on my own web site) to send email (with an obvious typo in it, no less), yet you felt it necessary to warn me that cut and paste might be necessary to find your web site? How insulting!
- Your jobs site sucks. I looked. Have you even tried it yourself?
- Why do I have to do all the work? You’ve read my resume and contacted me. Yet I’m supposed to start from scratch, search your listings, create a profile, and then contact you. Are you kidding? You interrupted my day in an attempt to get me to switch jobs. You’ve certainly wasted no time trying to put me to work!
- I never expressed an interest in Company X.
Recruiters you are doing yourself and the whole industry a disservice if you continue to act in the way highlighted by Jeremy. Please follow Jeremy’s advice:-
Here’s a helpful hint to all Big Company recruiters out there. Before you contact someone, try putting yourself in their shoes first. Do your tactics even make sense?