Tom Lutz (from HR for the leader in you) has written an interesting post on HR Metrics where he highlights some of the concerns with some measures and provides a listing of leading edge metrics from Saratoga/PricewaterhouseCoopers. The list of his leading edge metrics are below:-
1. Percent of High Potentials in the Talent Pool. Bench Strength
2. Number of succession Plan Candidates per Key Role to be Filled. Succession Plan Ratio
3. Average New Hire Performance Ratio divided by Average Performance Rating. Average Hire Performance Score.
4. Voluntary Separation Rate in the First Three Months of Service divided by New Hires. New Hire Separation Rate.
5. Employees receiving Higher Performance Rating than Previous Cycle divided by Headcount. Workforce Performance Improvement.
6. Total Promotions divided by Headcount. Promotion Rate
7. Total Voluntary Separations of High Performers divided by High Performer Headcount. Voluntary Separation Rate of Top Performers.
8. Total Separations of Low Performers divided by Low Performer Headcount. Total separations of Low Performers.
An interesting list to be added to our previous discussions on recruiting metrics.