A growth area for both agency recruiters and internal functions is that of sourcing and over the last few years the availability of tools to source candidates have changed dramatically. A decade ago to undertake the sourcing of a hard to find candidate involved a lots of phone calls and a really good contact list. While in 2011 the same holds true the internet has provided sourcers with a massive database of potential candidates. The rise of search engines and social media may have made us lose our memory but they have also given rise to the role of the internet sourcer.
Usage of boolean search, LinkedIn and other social media sites have made it easier than ever to proactively find candidates. For many of you this will not come as a surprise.
What might be of interest is a small conference I am speaking at in August, Finders Keepers, put on by my friends at ATC. Finders Keepers will have several international speakers in attendance, in fact the speakers list reads like a Who’s Who of sourcers; with internationals such as Glen Cathey (Boolean BlackBelt), Jim Stoud, Kevin Wheeler, Bill Boorman, and locals Ross Clennett, Martin Warren, and Andrea Mitchell. I will be doing a half day workshop with Jim Stoud looking at “How to Find the Hidden Talent Your Competition Overlooked”.
While the act of building a half day workshop with someone from the other side of the world is interesting enough, I suspect trying to keep up with Jim will be the hardest part of the session. If you have no idea who Jim is, watch the video below and you will see what I mean.
If you are interested in sourcing and where it is at in Australia get along and attend.
One of the things that has been going on in the background for the last couple of months has been the building of a social media for recruitment training program, in partnership with InsideJob.
The program consists of three modules; one hour webinar, 1 day introduction and 2 day advance course and is structured to take you from one module to another. (In fact you cannot attend the next module until you have completed the one before.)
So what will you learn?
1. What is Social Media for Recruitment
1 hour Webinar as an introduction and pre work for the Essential Social Media for Recruitment program we will discuss:
- What is Social Media
- Social Media Channels and Tools
- Trends in Social Media
- Introduction to Essential Social Media for Recruitment program
2. Essential Social Media for Recruitment
1 day workshop where you will gain the skills to develop an effective Social Media strategy for your business including:
- Social Media Strategy, Guidelines, Policies and Barriers
- Defining your Business Drivers and aligning your Social Media strategy
- Social Media Best Practice Framework
- Getting Started – what now!
3. Advanced Social Media for Recruitment
2 day workshop where you will gain the skills to develop and deploy an effective Social Media strategy for your business including:
- Effective use of Social Media Channels & Tools
- Developing your Social Media Content
- Search Engine Optimisation & Marketing
- Defining your Business Case for Social Media to gain key stakeholder buy-in
- Aligning your EVP and Social Media Messaging
- Developing your Social Media Strategy in Detail
- Deploying your Social Media Strategy
If you are interested in attending the next sessions head over to the InsideJob web site and register!