The biggest issue, the 1 page resume!
Gretchen from Job Syntax disagrees with this particular piece of advice.
So does Gautam Ghosh who provides a perspective from India, which echos much of Asia Pacific.
The rest of Guy’s post is great general advice regardless of where you interview. Jason Goldberg has picked out the key messages:-
- be passionate about the company you are interviewing with
- pitch yourself
- hate the competition
- expect to interview with wackos; prepare for all types
- get there early
- over dress
- nail the first question
- use the first interviewer to get the inside scoop
- remember, no one wants to train you. show you can hit the ground running
- take notes
- confess your sins; they will google you and find out anyway
- correct your bad answers in interviews
- prepare your list of 5 ways the company could improve
- come armed with references
- ask for the job
HRSEO provides Internet recruiting solutions to employers.