Some of you might be wondering what happened to the first 3 speakers at Blogtalk Downunder, well the notes are on paper as I did not have my laptop up and running. I will try to document and post soon.
Regular readers might also be wondering when the flood of posts will stop, today as we finish at Blogtalk Downunder this afternoon with a Blogwalk run by Sebastian Fiedler.
Further to this now that I have most of my notes online I plan to review and see if I can pull together some threads from the conference. Some that come to mind immediately are:-
- Blogs are a collaborative tool
- Blogs are informal
- It is more about that you write than what you write about
- The long tail is alive (depending on your point of view it may or may not need us to survive)
- It is about the conversation
- Blogs seem to be bring students back to writing and reading
- Most need be a blog reader before you become a blog writer
An observation, educators seem to call them “weblogs” while geeks “blogs”, why?