Yesterday was the first joint ATC/Inspecht event looking specifically at the usage of social media in recruitment. My personal opinion is that overall the day was a great success, although we will wait for the formal feedback from participants to know their feelings. Here are some of my thoughts and observations.
- Having over 130 people in a room designed for 120 is a little cramped, but that is what happens when you sell out an event.
- A lot of people knew very little about social media in general, let alone how they could be using it as part of their day to day work.
- 80% of the participants were internal recruiters or consultants, very few agencies were represented.
- Mark Pesce is always a great speaker.
- There was lots of good discussion on Twitter.
- E&Y are doing some very good things.
- Atlassian as always have their finger on the pulse of their community.
- People are very confused about how to include social media as part of their recruitment strategy.
- There is a lot of concern about the legal and management issues of social media in the work place.
- Job boards are not going away anytime soon.
- We need to really start to promote Enterprise 2.0 as part of talent management strategies
We will be pulling together as many of the presentations as possible and make them available on the conference site. Also all sessions were captured on video once the videos are edited they will be posted online.
Here are a couple of blogs post I have found discussing the event:
A final note, we are talking about a bigger and better event for 2010 so watch this space.Want more content like this? Subscribe by RSS or by Email.