The team at Navigo, distributors of OrgPlus, have released their 2010 reasearch report into HR technology usage by larger organisations in Australia, you can get your copy of the report at http://hrtechreport.com.au.
The report is an interesting read focusing more on organisation’s satisfaction with their solutions than looking at overall trend in usage. Having said that the team at Navigo have been able to extrapolate 8 key conclusions and recommendations:
- HRIS use in Australia is diverse
- Technology-based solutions are more satisfactory
- Organisations satisfied but rarely “very satisfied” with systems
- HR targets efficiency in drive towards strategy
- Reducing costs is not a motivator despite the GFC
- Organisations are ill-prepared for an aging workforce
- True business intelligence is elusive
- No one size fits all
From my work and research I agree with every one of these conclusions.
I do not 100% agree with their breakdown of the solutions areas as they are more heavily weighted in the area of talent management, at the expense of other areas. However given the importance of talent management focusing more on this area makes sense given the confusing that exists within most HR departments on what HR technology they are running.
Some stand out pieces of information.
The biggest motivator for improving HR Systems and Technology is still reduce time spent on administration and increase efficiencies. I say still as from my experience has been the number one of two for many many years. One has to wonder about the success of all of the recent projects to implement Employee and Manager Self Service the number one way to drive these two objectives.