Ok magicality may not be a real word but who cares.
Being in the magic quadrant for a vendor can make or break them in the sales process as so many people place so much emphasis on these results. As such Gartner released the 2009 eRecruitment Magic Quadrant last week with some interesting results.
Firstly Taleo is an outright leader, which should come as no surprise, but the real interesting parts of the Magic Quadrant (MQ) are with the other vendors.
- StepStone has moved well and truly into the MQ, and are joined by PeopleClick.
- Bernard Hodes Group has fallen out of the visionaries quadrant back into the niche market
- The large ERP vendors remain high in the ability to execute attributes but still lack the visionary attributes of a Taleo or Kenexa .
- For the first time an Australian vendor is listed, PageUp People , congratulations to Karen and her team.
- Both Kronos and Mr Ted have moved up the ability to execute stakes which is good.
If you want some ideas about what to do with the information head over to the Human Capitalist for some recommendations.