As I mentioned earlier I have been busy, I still am but now looking at my next steps and that will most likely result in some employment arrangement within an organisation. I have just started this journey but I do need to find something for March 2013.
I have spent a little time looking over my LinkedIn contacts and a few quick searches on jobs boards, reached out to a couple of contacts and even contacted a recruiter or two. Already a few of things have jumped out at me:
- Most recruiters have not changed, while I have only had contact with a limited selection but I believe not much has changed. That is sad.
- Seek is still top.
- There a “truck loads” of IT jobs. (Most are not me.)
- There are very little strategic HR Technology roles (I have had job alerts in place for 4 years and no change).
- I have no idea what type of organisation I want to join.
- I have several ideas on what type of role I would like, but given my background they vary from software pre-sales to HCM consulting to IT management.
An idea occurred to me today. I might document my process of finding employment in 2013. It might be interesting. It also could be boring, also it might not be a new idea (it probably isn’t, well I know it isn’t but Ellison has some ideas about what she wanted).
What I do think will be interesting is I have a five thousand followers on Twitter, close to 700 LinkedIn connections, a blog (this one) that at one point had over 25K unique visitors a month, I have spoken many times in the last 5 year, run conferences and traveled the world combining HR and technology.
So it should not be that hard to find something that will excite me. Or will it?Want more content like this? Subscribe by RSS or by Email.